School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi (SPA Delhi) is a higher education institute which had a modest beginning in 1941 s a Department of Architecture of Delhi Polytechnic. It was later affiliated to the University of Delhi and integrated with the School of Town and Country Planning which was established in 1955 by the Government of India to provide facilities for rural, urban and regional planning. On integration, the School was renamed as School of Planning and Architecture in 1959. The School had attained eminence, in 1979 and the Government of India, through the then Ministry of Education and Culture, conferred on the School of Planning and Architecture the status of "Deemed to be a University". The School then increased its research programmes and consultancy activities. SPA offers planning, architecture and design courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. While the Bachelor of Architecture course is one of the oldest in the country, highly successful Bachelor of Planning course was started in 1989. The School also offers 10 postgraduate programmes and 2 undergraduate programmes along with the doctoral programmes.